This 2 days course is designed to provide participants with an opportunity to manage Optical Fiber AIM. If you’re active as a Facility Manager or Integrity Engineer in the Construction, Oil&Gas, Nuclear and other energy industries, this educational program is the best experience to perfect your skills using state-of-the art technologies.
During the first training day you will learn all the necessary background on fiber optics, from the physical phenomena to the different sensor technologies, and how to implement them on the field. Both theoretical lectures and practical demos will be presented in order to give a complete understanding of currently used optical fiber technologies.
- Physics behind fiber optic monitoring
- Study of optical sensors technologies:
– Discrete sensors: Fiber Bragg Grating, Light Interferometers, Light Intensity Based sensors
– Distributed sensors: Temperature, Strain, Acoustic and Vibration (DTS, DSS, DAS and DVS)
– Demos with OFS vendors
- Implementation and quality control:
– Demos with OTDR, Connectors and Fusion Splicing
The workshop focuses especially on industrial applications of fiber optic monitoring. Industry oriented, this training day will present different case studies on Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) and Asset Integrity Monitoring (AIM) within different sectors (Oil&Gas, Nuclear, Power & Utility Networks, Transport Infrastructures).
- Asset Integrity Monitoring Strategies & Costs/Benefits analysis across different industries
- Case studies: the use of FBG sensors and distributed sensing technologies in different industries
- How to design and implement a robust and reliable optical fiber monitoring system
- Data Interpretation and Management