Developed with a European industrial partner in 2012, SmartSleeper© has been tested and qualified on different railways in Europe.
- Detection of potential overloads or imbalance (axle and wagon)
- Mechanical estimation of wearing and fatigue effects in curves and specific locations
- Ballast ageing estimation through sleeper bending measurement
- Real time monitoring of moving trains (direction of transit, average speed, total number of axles, gross weight of wheel, total length of train, …)
- Fiber optic monitoring
- Embedded BraggLogger interrogator
- MicroLux extensometers (FBG based extensometers)
- AcceleroLux accelerometers (FBG based accelerometers)
- THMInsight for real time data visualisation
OUR ADDED VALUE
- Our sensing technologies are completely immune against electromagnetic noise
- The sensors are embedded in the concrete sleeper for long term monitoring, without any maintenance
- The data can be remotely collected through a standard telecommunication fiber optic cable (up to 50 miles)
- There is no drift or offset in the Strain measurements thanks to FBG absolute frequency measurement principle.